Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Overboard

I recently hit the local consignment sales to outfit my son for spring, summer, and, because we live in Atlanta, fall.  I got all kinds of cute, useful things for him.  Everything has been washed and is in the process of being hung in his closet. 

It is only as I began to hang everything up that I realized how overboard I went.  I am afraid that I won't be able to fit it all in his closet.  There is no way that he needs all he has.  I doubt he will be able to wear everything he has.  I had no idea that I had gotten so much stuff.

What is done is done for now, but when we move back into winter clothes I will stick to a list.  I am thinking...
  • seven bottoms:  a combination of cords, jeans, khakis, sweatpants
  • twelve tops:  a combination of sweaters, button down shirts, sweatshirts, long sleeve t-shirts
  • twelve pairs of socks:  five pairs of "church" socks and seven pairs of athletic socks
  • three pairs of pajamas:  footie pajamas, of course
This is pretty much what he has now and it has worked well.  I still can't believe I went so overboard on clothes.  I am embarrassed, but I have learned my lesson and have a plan for next time. 

Now, if I can just create the same type of list for my own clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment