Sunday, March 28, 2010

One man's trash is another man's treasure

I continue to work on my 40 bags in 40 days, with Easter only a week away.  We moved into our house in December and until this weekend I haven't been able to park in my garage.  I, like most Americans, can't believe the stuff that I moved.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I used to be a bit of hoarder and it became clear the results of my former habits are still following me.  Thankfully we have a great Freecycle group for the metro Atlanta area.

I have freecycled the following things this weekend:
  • A computer desk.  (Great desk, but I didn't need it in our new place.)
  • A crate full of car cleaning supplies (I don't wash cars.  Not to mentions, it better for the environment to go to a car wash.  The water at car washes is recycled and you don't have to worry about chemicals entering the water system.  It also saves on your water bill.)
  • Two paper grocery bags of incandescent light bulbs.  (I have moved to florescent in almost every light fixture in the house.)
  • Two boxes of cleaning supplies.  (We are slowly moving to having a chemical free household.  I do worry about having all those chemicals around with a one year old in the house.)
Fifty percent of it is picked up already and I can't wait for the rest of it to be picked up.

If you aren't already familiar with Freecycle, check it out.  It is a wonderful way for your old stuff to find new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment